Skin care in summer requires your full attention. If you don’t take care of your skin from the UV rays of the sun, your skin will become dull, tanned and dark. Usually our skin releases a lot of oil during summer which makes our skin look dull. Summer is the time when our skin needs more protection. So, I am going to share how I plan to take care of my skin this summer.
- Water therapy:
Drink a lot of water. Drink at least 2-3 glasses of water when you wake up in the morning, 2 glasses before lunch, and 2 glasses before you have dinner. Proper hydration helps flush toxins from your body. It will prevent you from headaches as well. Try this for 2 weeks and you’ll notice a nice glow on your face!
- Use a face wash:
Wash your face with cold water and a face wash at least twice a day. Use a moisturizer regularly which is gentle for your skin type. I like a moisturizer that contains aloe vera. It keeps your face cool from the sunburn.
- Rose water:
Splash rose water on your face every hour, or whenever you pass by a fridge. Keep it chilled and spray on your face, then let it dry. It will keep your face fresh and soft for a long time. When I am cooking in the kitchen, I splash at least twice in an hour. It moisturizes your skin, protects you from the heat, and prevents acne and clogged pores.
- Tomatoes and Cucumbers:
Did you know that tomatoes contain high amount of Vitamin C? Tomatoes help in brightening your skin. You can use tomato juice or tomato halves and rub it on your skin. It will give you a healthy glowing and bright skin.Tip: Tomato is a natural sunscreen. Keep a tomato in freezer for half an hour, then rub it on your face to remove tan.
Ever heard “as cool as a cucumber”? The flesh of cucumber has a lot of water, and it is commonly known to cool the body. You can apply it directly on your face, or make a cucumber juice with a few lemon drops, and leave it on your face for 15 mins. It will improve your complexion and revitalize your skin as well.
- Water proof makeup:
Can makeup protect our skin against the sun’s harmful rays? Yes, it certainly does. Use a foundation that is water proof and has a broad spectrum of SPF. These days you can easily find eyeshadows, face powder and foundation that can help protect your face from the UV rays. Invest in that, plus use a nice lip balm with sun protective qualities to keep your lips soft.
- Eat healthy:
In addition to water, there are many veggies and fruits that can give you a fresh glowing skin in summer.
- Mushrooms: I am not a fan of mushrooms at all, but I might start eating it now. Mushrooms contain Vit D, anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that helps making your skin strong.
- Carrots: Eating carrots can prevent a dry skin. They are a good source of Vit C as well.
- Mangoes: The king of fruits contain 20 types of vitamins and minerals.
- Watermelon: Cantaloupe and watermelon are a great source of Vit A, C and minerals such as potassium and manganese.
- Broccoli: A dark green broccoli has a boost of Vit A, C and minerals.
- Peaches: Yum! Nothing could be as satisfying as a sweet peach in summer. It contains iron and fluoride, plus it’s a great source of antioxidants.